Re: plugin-support

Dennis Payne wrote:

> > It is possible to load classes from a shared object using dlopen() and
> > friends. The trick is that using "new" probably won't work.
>
> I doubt using "new" would work.  The way I do it in Troll Bridge is to
> have a C function that registers a new function like you have.  That way
> if the C++ name mangling changes your code isn't affected.

I used to have a function in an 'extern "C"' block so that the name
wouldn't be mangled, but I then decided that I wanted to keep the type
safety and scoping (a static method inside a class isn't scoped global),
so I put it in a static method and kept the mangling.

Both way works.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/