Re: Open source : race or teamwork ?

How is this a feature of  the opensource model?  I see the
same thing happening in any closed/commercial entity.  This
seems to be more of poor management/collaboration.

I think many opensource projects do suffer from this because
it is maybe a race to join the hype and what not. In my
experience anyway.

In any project there should be a parcel'ing of the work load and
this should become as public as the code,so people don't duplicate
efforts. but, maybe I'm just blowing smoke.

Evan Dudley
edudley@nacorp.com