Installation

Hi!

I am thinking about installation routines for Linux.
And the Filesystem Standard.
The Dos Version gave the user the following options:
* Install only configuration files, savegames, play the whole game
from the CD
* Install the game program and data except the videos, play the videos
from the CD
* Install everything, the CD is not needed any longer

Well, that was Dos. But how should I do it in Linux?
I thought about using RPM for installing. But how can I give the user
the possibility to decide, what packages he wants?
Now I think it would be best, to make 2 RPM packages:
wurst-base.rpm
and
wurst-video.rpm

The user has to install wurst-base to be able to start the game.
The wurst-video is optional, the game detects it's appearance on the
harddisk.

But there are several open questions:
How can I make it easy for the user to install the game?
Would it be possible to make a bootable CD, which boots Linux, and
gives a nice graphical menu to the user?
How can the game detect where the CD is mounted, so that it doesn't
need to question the user for the path.
How can I make the installation of the RPMs for the users as easy as
possible? Or should I tell them:
Open a terminal
Type su
Type the root password
Type rpm -i <path where your CD-Rom is>/wurst-base.rpm

Does anybody have some ideas that could help?

Many greetings,
--
~ Philipp Gühring              p.guehring@poboxes.com
~ http://www.poboxes.com/p.guehring  ICQ UIN: 6588261