Re: Naval warfare sims

On 06-Jul-2000 Dustin Reyes wrote:
> I'm not aware of one offhand, but I'd love to see a viable open-source
> naval warfare sim project take off... I was a huge Harpooon and 688i fan...
>
> It doesn't even have to be that terribly complex for a general naval sim
> (modeling hydrodynamic sound and a passive sonar display would be difficult
> if it was an ASW/SSN sim).
>
> -Dustin
>
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 12:56:37PM -0700, Michael bridak wrote:
>> Hello, please forgive me if this is the wrong forum but....
>>
>>      I've been in search of a naval warfare sim on the linux platform for
>> quite some time maybe something like harpoon or better yet a submarine
>> simulation like Janes 688(i). Does anyone know of a current project along
>> these lines?
>>      I've been messing around with a sub sim on my own but I'm hardly
>> what I would call a programmer and it's not much more than a bunch of NTDS
>> symbols floating around on a featureless map changing directions and
>> depth and a notional view of a sonar. Anyway at this speed I won't be
>> playing anything worth while for quite some time. Anyone know of a project
>> out there alive (or even dead w/ source) that you could point me to?
>>
>> Michael Bridak
>> mcbib@jps.net

I was a big 'silent service' addict in the late 80's. It'd be cool to see games
like that again :)

(yes, this email was pointless blabbering)

        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~br0ke]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all
probability, they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore
may result in severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep
Refrigerated.