Re: The Artists thing

"J. Perkins" wrote:

> From: Chris Purnell <cjp@oit.net>
> >I've seen lots of sites providing media downloads but none of them
> >are free in the FSF sense.
>
> How about www.graphtallica.com?

Yes - but the kinds of things you find on those sites are rarely
any use.  I snagged a gazillion 'textures' from 3D cafe a while
back and I doubt that I've used more than a couple of them.

What is needed is not random models and textures that someone
made on a whim - but a set of related models and textures that
work together to form something you could make a game out of.

The artist needs to be working in the context of a team and
a known goal - not just playing with GIMP and saving everything
that looks "interesting" to some web repository somewhere.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>