Re: [CsMain] Open-Source or Freeware Sprites...

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> Just a quick Poll: How many people with experience in modeling etc are
> reading this? There *are* several free modeler projects, but they need
> feedback from actual artists to make something really good (& to boost
> their motivation ;).

I'm a modeler/animator, sometimes programmer.  I've worked with
programmers of various modeling tools in the past, and the biggest problem
I've seen is that users have a limited amount of time to invest in
learning to use a program and contributing to it's development, and they
need to know it's going to pay off.

It would be very reassuring if some of these single-developer
modeler projects would start standardizing on formats or even combine
their efforts to make one program.
_/  \__/  \__/  Seth Galbraith  "The Serpent Lord"  \__/  \__/  \_
 \__/  \__/  \_ sgalbrai@krl.org  #2244199 on ICQ  _/  \__/  \__/
_/  \__/  \__/    http://www.planetquake.com/gg     \__/  \__/  \_