Meeting

Hi!

I have an idea, and I would like to know who is interested in it:

"Linux Game Development Workshop"

The workshop should be about 3 days long.
Invited: All the Linux Game Developers (artists, programmers, ...), and perhaps
the people before and after (Library-Developers, 3D-Modelling developers, ...
and distribution, marketing, ...)

Things we could do:
* Game developing artists
* An evaluation of all the 3D modellers out there, and initiatives to
combine them to useful products for game development.
* Game libraries in commnly used distributions
* Commercial developers vs. Free developers

The idea for it came from the Realtime Linux Workshop here in vienna, some month
ago.  I visited it, because I thought Soft-Realtime might become an issue in one of
the games I will write. ;-)
Most of the Realtime Linux developers met there, introduced themselves,
what they do, why they need Realtime, ... and in the end they agreed upon the
things they will do together in the future. It was really fascinating to see
how much that workshop seemed to help the RTL (Realtime Linux) community, and I
thought that a workshop like this would be exaclty what the Linux game
developes need too.

If there is enough interest, I could try to start organizing it.

Many greetings,
--
~ Philipp Gühring              p.guehring@poboxes.com
~ http://www.futureware.at/       ICQ UIN: 6588261