Re: The Artists thing

> Well, for games sold from CD-ROM, space isn't a consideration - and you
> may even be able to playback the audio using the CD itself (== zero CPU time!)

Well, zero CPU time, thatīs right. No need for a soundcard, thats a pro too.
BUT: You canīt load data from the CD-Rom while playing
(There are special CD-ROMs, but they are not commonly available, and I donīt
know wheter Linux supports them; Did anyone created hack to play
CD-Audio and read CD-Rom data in parallel? If not, you have to
install the whole game ...)
And you canīt mix several sounds together (music in background and sound
effects ...)

Many greetings,
--
~ Philipp Gühring              p.guehring@poboxes.com