Re: The Artists thing

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 02:35:17PM -0500, Steve Baker wrote:
> This means that when you replay MOD, it sounds EXACTLY the same on all
> players - yet the file sizes are generally reasonable (although not
> quite a small as MIDI).

 In Linux you can play MOD (and other tracker formats) with
 libraries like libmikmod. Most game sdks use libmikmod for
 music. I don't know about you, but I don't like libmikmod.
 It's API is too much simple, so you don't have real control
 over things. The sound quality is not that good (a bit of
 noise, even in higher frequencies). It's not really optimized,
 so when I turn high quality a simple XM can take 98% of system
 resources. It's hard to believe SDK developers use libmikmod
 for MOD-like music in games. I've been using xmp, which works
 much better. If only it was a library...

> Question:
>
>   What good MIDI-to-MOD convertors are there in the public domain?

 Grab a Fasttracker-like program and start playing with it. :)

--
Pedro