Re: K3D some early impressions.

> It's home page http://condor.stcloudstate.edu/~hebl9901/g3d says:
>
>          I would like developers and debugger type
>          people to take an interest in my project. Be
>          careful, until tests prove otherwise, consider this
>          violently unstable software, and not appropriate
>          for the casual user. (Ie, expect stuff like X
>          lockups)
>
> ...but I'll give it a spin.

I'm mildy impressed with G3D. It's got a clean, easy to use interface, except
is has the same problem I've found with all Quake-style modellers, in that
when you have a complex model, selecting a vertex for building a face can be
a hit/miss process....

> > Freya/GooseEgg - I'm yet to get this one working properly. Anyone else
> > had any luck?
>
> Nope - I couldn't get it to go either.

I got it to compile, but the SDL version flickers like hell, and the GLUT
version lacks the menu.

> > K3D - Won't compile. :)
>
> What gave you trouble - maybe it's the same thing I had.

gcc spent ages compiling one file. (when I say ages, I mean > 1 hour). I'm
not sure what caused it, but I'm impatient...

Nurgle