Re: Game announcements on LGDC

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

> Bert Peers wrote:
>
> > I got VC++ with autocompletion, drop down lists, and tooltip
> > reminders of the parameter's type and name.
> Do you have flame-proof clothing handy? I would venture that claiming
> the superiority of VC++ in a Linux development group could at least
> raise a few eyebrows! (myself, I do not use VC++, but find its interface
> quite nice, even though the compiler is painfully slow)

:)
I know, I know.  I used to be a 100% hardcore M$ basher, they so
far haven't produced anything that doesn't drive you insane when you
try to use it for more than 10 minutes.  (That @#&! MSWord is the
best example of this, trying to outsmart the typist all the time -- even
when their programs don't crash they ill-behave)
Then came along VC++...  Once you're used to the nice IDE and the
debugger, going back to vi and a bare bones debugger is kindof
rough...  Damn, this MS thing actually rules.  They must have bought
it somewhere, but still.

Bert