Re: Game announcements on LGDC

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

> I was talking about compilation time, not the speed of the code it
> outputs... With light template use, Quadra weights in as a pretty
> average C++ program, and it takes a huge amount of time to compile with
> VC++ compared to egcs. Note that straight old C code compiles a lot
> faster than C++ on VC++, but we didn't compare C code compilation
> between VC++ and egcs.

C++ code compilation speed is what I'm concerned with too. gcc compiles
MUCH faster than VC++, and with an end to all that damnable project-file
cruft, too. Since VC++ is simply a pretty-looking front end to
Microsoft's command-line compiler suite, why not do it The Right Way...
the XEmacs way. Because I'm a command line kind of guy, I tend to prefer
using the gcc and make tools directly within a shell window. But you can
also pull "Compile" off an XEmacs menu and have it compile your program.

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>
Unix Code Artist, Anime Fan, Really Cool Guy