Re: Projects to Add

At 06:30 PM 6/6/99 +0200, you wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 06, 1999 at 09:19:22AM -0700, Johnny Taporg wrote:
>> I get the impression that Bob, the guy that runs HappyPenguin, would
>> prefer to focus just on games that are already playable.  But, he does
>> unfinished games, too, because right now, there aren't any sites devoted
>> to tracking the progress of games under development (hint, hint).
>That would be one of our goals indeed. Once the database is up and running
>in such a way that I can try out my limited yet sufficient SQL skills on it
>the game projects page should furfill this task.

	Well, the sunsite expert on php3 and mysql has an exam Monday and has told
me he is unavailable until then to help me with some of the little
remaining problems. I think that this week, we will be able to bring down
that logjam. Just today I was moving around the site and noticed that there
is much redundancy.

	Turning the "Free Projects" page into something that is used by the Linux
community as a "bulletin board" or "classifieds page" for ongoing game
project would fill a void.

	Suggestion: Maybe we should implement a password system so that project
maintainers can post/update TODO's, requests for help and project
definitions? Of course, Rob, you'd have to overview them before putting
them up.

Paul Tiseo
ptiseo@mediaone.net