Re: Projects to Add

At 06:49 PM 6/6/99 +0200, you wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 06, 1999 at 12:38:55PM -0400, Paul Tiseo wrote:
>> Suggestion: Maybe we should implement a password system so that project
>> maintainers can post/update TODO's, requests for help and project
>> definitions? Of course, Rob, you'd have to overview them before putting
>> them up.
>Yup, good idea. It would probably work in a Freshmeat-kinda way I guess.. or
>do you want only the developers themselves to be able to post and update?

	I think the developers only should be able to post and update. I guess
that forces the developers to have to do one more thing. But, if they want
to recruit, they should show some willingness to go and recruit, don't you
think? Also, I am not too familiar with how Freshmeat works, but we don't
want some malicious idiot to ruin someone's section. Or, am I being too
cautious?

	What I envisioned is a databse of projects: name, blurb, current TODO and
where someone might be able to participate. All with links to the project
page, any other related links like reviews, games thta use the project's
product, etc and email addresses. One-top shopping. That'd be a real neat
thing to have for the linux game community and I think goes with what you,
Christian and the other early LGDC memebers were trying to acheive: a
central forum to coordinate project development for linux games.

Paul Tiseo
ptiseo@mediaone.net