Re: Threads

> But you get a heck of a lot more messages from GetMessage() than from
> sigwait(), no? I think that even when DirectX "takes over" the keyboard
> and mouse, Windows still get the information and sends them to the
> application anyway.

DirectInput prevents mouse messages if you grab total access of the mouse,
but as you can't grab total keyboard access you always get WM_CHAR
messages, which is useful as you get all the built in translation and key
repeat stuff happening which is nice for text entry in games. But
GetMessage() allows you to specify a range of messages you care about, if
I recall correctly, and a window you care about (or all windows), so it
could be hacked into shape to act like sigwait().

Michael