Re: Choosing a Linux development platform

Michael Dale Long wrote:

> Wouldn't creating nearly identical data be a copyright violation?
> Besides, if the game uses scripting for plotline, etc, that could be
> copyrighted differently, since it doesn't link with the game code.

Doom contained the restriction that you could not play custom-made
levels with the shareware-only version, as did Quake I. Such a
restriction would be difficult to do with an open source game, allowing
for the creation of a game which is every bit as fun as the original.
Which is a Good Thing IMHO :)

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>
Unix Code Artist, Anime Fan, Really Cool Guy