Re: Choosing a Linux development platform

 Hi.

>Wouldn't creating nearly identical data be a copyright violation?

 I don't think so. Why would it be nearly identical? Suppose he
 used common bmp bitmaps and wav files for graphics and
 music. Why can't someone create an entire different version
 of them? For instance, an independent artist could put his
 own music.

>Besides, if the game uses scripting for plotline, etc, that could be
>copyrighted differently, since it doesn't link with the game code.

 Well, but the portion of the code for rendering those file formats
 will be bundled inside the game. Anyone can create an editor
 with them.