Re: Game idea....

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 01:56:26AM +0000, Martin Shergold wrote:
> General Description : Picture, if you can, Street Fighter II (the arcade
> game); a direct rip off of that. But with a twist, instead of  the
> normal characters; the linux mascot (tux), the freebsd mascot (deamon?),
> bill gates, etc (or very similar)...

I would like to post a warning against such ideas. Sure, the Tux-clones of
games are fun for a while, but do you really want to see that penguin 24*7??
Writing your own storyline/characters is much more work, agreed, but also
more original and rewarding.

I am not saying your game wouldn't be extremely cool.. but sometimes I get
the feeling that some people think that putting Tux (etc) in it _defines_
the game as cool which is just not true (for me).

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.com + cap@capsi.net + cap@capsi.cx