Re: DungeonMaker 1.0 released

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Henningsen wrote:
> So Mark thinks that would be useless because every gamer just wants to score
> high and would subvert any such idyllic intentions I might have. I think
> Mark may well be right, and I am considering scrapping the whole
> evolutionary thing from DungeonMaker2. Is there anyone out there who thinks
> it might be a useful feature to have after all?

That depends on what you're doing.  Admittedly I dont know what you're
library is exactly, but since it's a library you've got two levels of
users - the programmer, and the player.  If the programmer decides not to
let the player use this feature of your library, then that's up to the
programmer.   And if they want to use it themselves, say to use statistics
such as...

(moved out of order)
> > time taken, kills (assuming there's killing), number of time play died
> > etc etc

and get the program to make a descision for them, they can.

I'm not involved with writing the sort of games that would use this
library atm, but I dont see why you shouldnt implement this feature if
you're interested to implement it, and I think it would be useful to some
people (especially the pen-and-paper targets of your game/library)

Nick.