Re: Business models

> How about a scheme with the license key being a small non-secret
> key-id paired with a secret and sufficiently large cryptographic key.

The only problem with that is that you must send them the file with
the large cryptographic key when they purchase the game (or insert it
in when they download the game).  This prevents a cdrom distribution.

I'm assuming burning cdrom individually isn't really feasible.  You
could include a database of large cryptographic keys but then once
again you need a relatively ungessable license keys.  You could have
it download the first time you play it but what happens if I uninstall
it, get a new computer, or want to put it on my laptop as well.  If
you allow it to be downloaded any number of times you are back to
creating ungessable license keys.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com