Re: FreeCraft is searching sound developer

Lutz Sammer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are searching a sound developer. (And many more :)
>
> 1) We want to add libmikmod support to our engine.
>
> 2) We want to add ogg vorbis support to our engine.
>
> 3) Optional replacing our mixer with SDL_mixer.
>
> 1)+2) Is needed to play background music.
>
> This shouldn't be too much work, but I haven't any experience with
> both libs.

I would advise you to take a serious look at OpenAL - it's beginning to
look like a robust standard.  The people at TuxRacer seem to have a bunch
of problems with SDL_mixer and libmikmod is terribly tempramental about
generating music without breakup and with short latency when the CPU load
is high.

HomeMail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net     http://tuxaqfh.sf.net  http://tuxkart.sf.net
           http://agtoys.sf.net   http://prettypoly.sf.net