Re: Slightly OT - compiling OpenGL program under Windows, using cygwin

> Hi
>
> This message is slightly off topic, and I apologize in advance. However,
> for the rest of the week, I am forced to use a Windows workstation, and I
> might as well try and learn something/do something with it. So -
>
> I am trying to get my Linux OpenGL game to compile under cygwin. It barks
> at the -lGL switch. I have tried to use -lglut -lglu32 and so forth, but
> it seems that the symbols in mode .o files are of the form
> glBindTextured@8 whereas the symbols exported from the cygwin .a files are
> on the form _glBindTexture@8
>
> So, anyone knows what to put in as linker flags? Would make my time here
> more interessting.

OpenGL on windows isn't libGL.a, it's libopengl.a or libopengl32.a (I forget).
Try -lopengl or -lopengl32 (I *THINK* the difference is the 32 means it's
mickysloths 1.1 software implementation, where without it's either the sgi 1.2
or the IHV version?) If that doesn't do it for you, I have some automake /
autoconf stuff I'm using to compile opengl apps on windows using sdl that I can
dig up for you

or anyone else that might be interested

> Thanks,
>
> Mads

<snip>

        -Erik <erik@floatingmind.com> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.