Re: Auto function binding on gcc?

Katie Lucas wrote:
> Could you not just process the C++ header to generate a "function
> definitions list" file? Use perl or something?

Yes, I could, and perhaps I will.

On Win32, it is possible to get *all* of the type information for a
function, allowing full Java style introspection on your C++ code.
Once you start playing with something that powerful, it is really
hard to give it up. It would would make my current project soooo
much easier.

I'm considering adding a special parsing step to the Linux build
of my project, and using the symbol table directly for Win32 (so
Perl or whatever won't have to be installed there). Damn, this
was so close to being a perfect magic bullet, but I guess nothing
is ever *that* easy.

Jason