Re: Problem with Glut and mouse

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 01:04:51PM +0200, voidstar wrote:

> I've a problem using GLUT. I'm coding an arkanoid game
> and I've attacched the right mouse button to the menu:
>
>      glutAttachMenu(GLUT_RIGHT_BUTTON);
>
> The problem is that I would like that the game stops
> when I press the right mouse button, so I added this:
>
> void glutMouseEvent(int button, int state, int x, int y){
>         if((button==GLUT_RIGHT_BUTTON)&&(state==GLUT_DOWN))
>                 stop=0;
>         else
>         if((button==GLUT_RIGHT_BUTTON)&&(state==GLUT_UP))
>                 stop=1;
> }
>
> But this only works if I don't attach the right mouse button
> to the menu. It seems that they cannot work together.
> Is there any way to do it?
> PS:Sorry for my bad english

You could try using glutMenuStatusFunc() like so:

void MenuStatus(int status, int x, int y)
{
	switch (status)
	{
	case GLUT_MENU_IN_USE:
		stop = 1;
		break;
	case GLUT_MENU_NOT_IN_USE:
		stop = 0;
		break;
	}
}

glutMenuStatusFunc(&MenuStatus);

--
Christopher John Purnell  | I thought I'd found a reason to live
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | Just like before when I was a child