Re: Tux Racer 0.10 Released

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Erik Thiele wrote:

> and i also think many people don't manage to compile
> and don't tell you....
> yes i think this is a important point.

Amen. Tux AQFH and the "lemmings like" tux whatever is two projects I have
yet to figure out how to compile. At some points I have spend most of a
day trying to get them to work, and have finally given up. And, as you
state it always seems to be the support libraries that are the problem.

I have similar problems with getting "Tuxracer" going - it segfaults when
glut wants to initialise. (This is 0.11.1 - no version so far has worked
for me). OTOH XRacer worked out of the box from version 0.11 or something.

Of course it is - for me - a matter of time and _someday_ I _am_ going to
get it to work, but you loose some people in the proces, when they have to
collect 13 different pieces and use days to set up support libraries to
get it to work.

And, BTW, my daytime job involves writing linux kernel drivers. Not that
it qualifies me to anything, but I think I should know how to compile...

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
"'Tis some script kidd3z," I muttered, "tapping at my server

                               - Barbarian, /.