Re: Tux Racer 0.10 Released

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Steve Baker wrote:

>I don't produce RPM's and such because it's a LOT of trouble to do so - and
>the Linux distro guys are good at that.  Since they make profit from doing
>this, I don't feel any compunction at letting them do the work.

It's not that hard, but it may be if you don't have a RPM-based system.
Assuming that you have one you mainly need to create the main spec-file
which determines how the RPM gets built. I assume that you have some kind
of rule to 'make dist' which creates a tar.gz-file. It's then just a
matter of creating an additional rule 'make rpm' which creates the RPM. I
use that kind of system for a few projects and it works fine. After
ny changes it's mainly a question of 'make clean all dist rpm' to end up
with a set of fresh RPM:s... :-)