Re: autoconf help?

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 01:32:44PM -0500, J. Perkins wrote:
> me know how it goes?  As an alternative, are there any guides out
> there that cover setting up autoconf scripts? I've done some poking
> around but I haven't been able to find anything more useful than
> the info pages.
the info pages are very good. read them.
perhaps you should use "tkinfo" or another good browser
and not "info" the original console based GNU info browser ;)

> The site for the toolkit is http://www.379.com/gut/
>
> Since I've got your attention, any and all feedback on the package
> would be greatly appreciated. I've gotten some responses from the
> Win32 version, but I haven't heard anything from the Linux community.
> The thing might not work on any machine but mine, for all I know. ;)

ok. here is what i do:

- download
- unpack
- doesn't unpack in the right directory. and the package name is not
  standard.
  the package should be named gut-0.2.2.tar.gz
  this is automatically created with "make dist"
  it should unpack into gut-0.2.2
  like every package.
- inside the Gut directory is no configure script.
- the INSTALL file refers to a Docs/install_guide.html
  which does not exist.

rm -rf

:-) next try.

cu
erik

--
Name:  Erik Thiele                                       \\\\
Email: erikyyy@erikyyy.de                                o `QQ'_