Re: makefiles

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

>Just to give a feel of how I work, I use a combination of these two
>approach. "Interface" header files go in an include directory, and
>"internal" header files goes with the .c/.cc they describe.

Same for LibPPlay.

>When I switched Quadra to non-recursive makefiles and saw that they
>weren't that hard and how much time they saved even in a not-that-big
>project, I was so impressed

Ok, I did some testing here (LibPPlay, automake-generated recursive build
system):

make  (to move everything into the fs cache)
make clean
time make
   real    2m49.661s
   user    2m18.920s
   sys     0m18.200s
time make (this time there's nothing to compile => pure "make" time)
   real    0m1.227s
   user    0m0.780s
   sys     0m0.220s
<changed src/PenguinFile/ppfRead.cpp>
time make (=> rebuild of library, test programs)
   real    0m14.726s
   user    0m7.790s
   sys     0m3.160s

Sorry, you failed to convince me ;)

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

Daddy what does "FORMATING DRIVE C" mean?