newbie here

Hello all,

Just joined the list, My name is Paul an i am 15 from the Gold Coast in Australia. I am quite interested in game development(especially linux) and are just requesting information about where to start.. (language choice, essential parts of linux to learn.. stable kernal and x to start with... etc, etc, etc)

Im currently programming for the web using mivascript(aka htmlscript) and a bit of php. I've been learning the basics of Linux(using redhat 7.0) over time (always having a project to work on) but not having too much time to experiment with it.

I'm known to be a fast learner(once im started off) so if someone could give me a little help that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
Kind Regards
Paul Berg