Re: newbie here

Steve Baker wrote:

> If you are more interested in 2D games, then if you are a sucker for punishment
> but like to learn from the ground up, you should learn raw X windows 2D operations.

http://www.rahul.net/kenton/index.shtml

Kenton Lee's website is a good starting point if you want to learn the guts
of X. Some of it is fairly old by Linux standards, but it is still relevant.

> More likely, look at a 2D graphics layer on top of that.  In *my* opinion, you
> should consider writing 2D games in OpenGL also - that one API will work well
> for 2D and 3D on Linux, Windoze, OS-X and just about any other OS you can think
> of.

Well, any other mainstream OS anyway.. ;)

Chris
--
=[     Explorer2260, Designer and Coder     \=\ P: TexMaker, ROACH, site \