[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Poll: Is console alive?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Poll: Is console alive?
- From: "Francesco Orsenigo, Xarvh Project" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:51:20 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: mailing list email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:47:28 -0500
- Mailing-list: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Reply-to: email@example.com
GPM is no more mantained, as the author thinks console is obsolete.
Is really the text console condemned to death and oblivion?
I do almost everything, from programming to music playback, under text
console, as i find it far more flexible and efficent than a GUI like X.
Moreover, i find programming the console framebuffer much easier than
programming graphic under X, and about ->10 times<- faster (even if it
depends greatly on the hardware beneath it)
Come on, console is one of the greates power unix has over windoze!