[linuxgames] Zipped or other packed files

I know I've seen game libraries in the past to allow a directory or a compressed directory file to be used interchangably. So during development you can have it unzipped to ease replacing individual files but can be distributed as a single zip/wad/whatever file. I can't seem to find an now. In particular I'd like one that handles zip (or even a library that does zip and doesn't handle a regular directory).

Dennis Payne
dulsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx