Re: RFR (Request For Review ;)

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> Hi all, I reorganized the "How to Start" docs a bit (most notably merged
> the website/mailinglist ones into one) and added some stuff. Please have a
> look at it (I'm sure there are at least some weird expression errors in
> it ;)

Ehm, yeah :)
Below is a really bad case of nitpicking, dunno if it helps ;)

> If you have your own big server [...] including a tape streamer of at least
the same size

same size of what ? probably the hdisk, but there's no mention of it.

> There are quite some organizations provide free projects

either "that provide" or "providing"

> Go for simply, classic, readable and not for high-tech state of the art.

should be "simple" not "simply", but I'd write "readable style and" instead
too..

> of you keep the "old news

"if" instead of "of"

> Also, it will allow your project team to remind all the brilliant conceptial
ideas
> without having to scroll back through mailinglist archives.

sounds a bit funny.  Either you mean "to be reminded of" or "remember", no ?
also it's "conceptual" not "conceptial"

> An HOWTO-Compile document

"A" Howto

> people new to the list can retrieve the mails of the past some days

"of the past few days" sounds better

> A less common service (offered for example by SunSITE Denmark is the

forgot a ")" here.  also maybe "as A newsgroup" (further down the line)

> explaining ahet CVS is

"what" I guess :)

And ehm did I miss the project management tips ? If they're mixed in with the
regular text, perhaps a "TIP" icon would be nice ? :)

Bert