Re: linuxgames.org

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 04:23:27AM +0200, Bert Peers wrote:
> Totally off topic here, but are you saying that if www.blabla.org exists
> and you want to register xyz.blabla.org, you need blabla's permission
> or even technical intervention ?
Yup. You cannot even really register xyz.blabla.org. Whether it exists and
what it does depends solely on the owner of blabla.org. The www. and xyz.
prefixes are defined in the DNS server config file.

For example, jadzia.capsi.cx==capsi.cx==www.capsi.cx (my home machine),
while website.capsi.cx points to the IP address of capsi.com, my website and
if you go to uf.capsi.cx you'll actually see Userfriendly because _I_
defined that it should be an alias for UF's IP address. Illiad had nothing
to do with it.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.com + cap@capsi.net + cap@capsi.cx