Re: A couple of C++ game-related questions

> As for "if you want to run on older systems", the STL is templates, and
> templates could be explained as #defines on steroids. They are
> statically instantiated by the compiler at compilation time and do not
> require any help from the runtime library. (in a general way, maybe some
> templates uses (in their generated code) functions from a particular
> version of the runtime library)

True.  However, I meant that older systems couldn't compile it which
lowers your ability to recruit developers.  Not to mention the older
systems are likely to be libc5 so you would have to make both binaries
available.

BTW The link for General Management Tips on the web site isn't correct.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com