Re: Hi everybody!

Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> after that I plan to write a concrete example (like a simple tetris) to
> illustrate all the topics seen in the tutorial.

<shameless plug>

Speaking of Tetris, be sure to check out http://ludusdesign.com/! We
recently released Quadra, and while it is not open source (at least, not
now), we are making a commitment to simultaneously (as much as possible)
release our games both for Windows and Linux. Maybe others are on their
way (someone offered to port Quadra to BeOS for example).

Also, we are working in ways related to that described on the Open
Source web site (particularly this: http://opensource.org/secrets.html),
so that software and libraries that are closed now might become open
later on. (like Quake 1 is supposed to go open source soon)

Actually, we almost released our underlying portable library (including
graphics, input, network and sound), but the cleaning up and
restructuring that needs to be done before a public release was too much
strain before the Quadra release. Now that it is done, we are going to
work a bit on this...

Your support for a upstarting game development company that develop
games for Linux would be very well appreciated! Looking at the number of
downloads, the Linux community is actually *bigger* for us at this
moment! (905 Linux downloads vs 293 Windows downloads!)

</shameless plug>

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/