Business models / Poll Ideas

I think that poll will be useless, the reason is that people in this maillist
are not shareware targets, and even so, how many people are in this list... I
calculate 100000 persons in the poll to be usefull in the shareware market.

Questions in the shareware market:
How many people see our program?
Use to be easier to make people run a program once, now it is a little
harder, but the total market has grown.

How many people use our program?
People may run our program once, but may no run it again, those are not our
clients.  Our clients are the ones that use or program enough, in the game
market the ones that play the complete free stage or something like it.

What percentaje of our users actually buy the program?
Real shareware seller may tell the actual numbers but 1% is a big number in
this case.  For a real nice program like Quake 0,1 % is a very conservative
previson.

In other hand if you get that only 1/1000 users of your program are shareware
registers and each of the give you a $10 profit, How much money Quake has
made using this numbers? ( 1 cent per actual user ).

--
Fernando Delgado