Re: Memory Allocation

Quoting Igor Cabral Corrêa <imortis@uol.com.br>:
> I'll be honest with you: I thought in this question about memory
> allocation
> when working on my first scientific initiation project, a Matlab-to-C
> GPL
> compiler. Maybe this tiny speed advantage you said can be interesting in
> the
> target code of my compiler. It's commom the manipulation of matrices of
> order
> > 1000. In a program with lots of 1.000.000 iterations loops, the
> minimal
> speed advantage can make a great diference at the end.

Actually there would be the small speed increase in not mallocing the stuff -
it will just live in the programs data section. But you'd only gain that once...

> I think this mailing list isn't for this kind of questions, but if
> necessary,
> can I ask some questions about compiler tools here? Flex and yacc has
> many
> aplications in game scripting too.

As long as you don't re-start that flame war about using DLLs instead of
scripts...

      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol Solutions
katie@fysh.org katie.lucas@parasolsolutions.com http://www.parasolsolutions.com