Re: Overlays

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Chris wrote:

> > This means that my bare C code organization does not affect it all..
>
> BTW, don't let the "everything lumped together" aspect of a linked binary
> discourage you from paying attention to how you structure your code: placing
> related groups of functions and structures in the same files, splitting
> different functionality across diferent files and so on may not have any
> effect on the resulting program but it will make your code easier to follow
> and maintain.

Actually it may have effects, from what kind of optimizations the compiler
can make, to cache coherency effects. Doing what you sugggest will most
likely improve the resulting binary AFAIK.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
THE COURT:  I'm delighted, Doctor, that this is plain English to someone.

  - From DeCSS trial transcript, regarding a plain text describing of DeCSS.
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/DeCSS/Gallery/touretzky-testimony.txt