Re: SDL (was: Re: SVGALIB on Thinkpad)

Gregor Mueckl wrote:
> Loki had a foul method of preventing that (I've seen it in the Linux
> version of UT): They stuffed almost every lib they needed into the same
> directory they had the binaries in. It works that way, but it's an ugly
> waste of disk space.

I'm doing the same thing. I either compile the library directly
into the my project executables (libPNG, zlib, FreeType, ODE)
or I put the library in the executable directory and dynamically
bind it at runtime. Currently I only do the latter with SDL, and
only because it was such a pain to build from the sources.

A waste of space maybe, but disk space is (relatively) cheap, and
end-user patience is not.

Jason
379