Re: Interested in starting some basic development

> I've never done graphics programming before so I think that's
> a good place to start. In talking with some DOS/Win32 guys from school it
> sounds like graphics programming on the hardware level isn't something
> that's very easy to do without a framework such as DirectX or some
> existant API.

True enough... Checkout the tools section of our homepage ( http://www.linuxgames.org/tools/ ).

A good place to start, though, would be http://www.opengl.org/ .  OpenGL is a portable 3D graphics API, a free version of which is available for almost any platform, including Linux.  It's called Mesa and I'm sure you'll find a reference to it on the OpenGL homepage.

Good luck.

Ian

----- Ian Crawford - Email: icrawfor@uoguelph.ca ----------------
-------------------- URL: http://www.uoguelph.ca/~icrawfor/ -----