Re: Interested in starting some basic development

Borko Jandras wrote:

>Speaking of portability, I'm still searching for decent portable sound API.
>Anyone using any?

IIRC the SDL sound support is quite nice already. And it certainly is
portable ;)

>Oh yes, I almost forgot. As we all know OpenGL is windowing system independent,
>so you do your own windowing stuff, or use something like GLUT. Now, GLUT is
>not very well suited for games. Is there anything similar to GLUT but useful
>for games?

Not yet. I started designing such a thing (see
http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/PenguinDoc/gui-draft/), but I'm currently
short of time, so it will still take quite some time to finish that. Of
course, if someone would like to help it would be finished much sooner ;)

Cu
	Christian
--

AAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse