Re: Interested in starting some basic development

Borko Jandras wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 09:13:36AM +0100, Christian Reiniger wrote:
>
> > >simple 3d views of starmaps and was wondering where to start myself.  I
> > >saw a listing for a Crystal Space 3D. Is this what I am looking for?
> >
> > Most certainly no, at least not yet. CrystalSpace is a high level 3D engine
> > specializef for indoor scenes, i.e. Quake-like games.
>
> Worst of all, it is in C++.

Crystal Space would not be as far as it is now if I had written it in C or another
non-OO language.

> No, really. I came up to something interesting just to walk away from it when I
> saw that C++ was in play too many times.

We also have some assembler in Crystal Space if you prefer? :-)

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the
cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat
could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.
        -- Schrodinger's Moggy explained
           (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)