Re: Interested in starting some basic development

> > I think if I would have written Crystal Space in C instead of C++ I would never
> > gotten as far as I have now.
>
> Sure you would. You would just have to think differently. Think differently...
> oh my! :)

I make heavy use of the object-oriented stuff in C++. At this time more than 30 people
have contributed to the code. Contributing to the code is relatively easy because the
engine is divided into classes. In C you can do this as well but you have to be very careful
and it is very easy to make mistakes. C++ forces you to make a clean seperation of
every class you write.

Of course, this is mainly an advocation for using an OO language. Whether or not C++
is actually a good OO language is another matter. But I still think that C++ is better than
no OO language at all.

Crystal Space uses hundreds of classes. Some small, some bug. I shudder to think if that
all had been written using a non-OO paradigm.

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

Basically, there were two sides to the world. There was the entire computer
games software industry engaged in a tremendous effort to stamp out piracy,
and there was Wobbler. Currently, Wobbler was in front.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Only You Can Save Mankind)