Re: Interested in starting some basic development

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 10:47:02AM +0100, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:
> > Ok, let's be serious. So you thing that the solution is for me to switch to
> > C++, even if I don't like it and event if it is inferior to the language I
> > use (and I use it with vigor).
>
> Well maybe not but this is exactly what you are suggesting for me to do.
> You say that I should switch Crystal Space to C, even if I don't like it and even
> if it is inferior to the language I use (C++).

You should have in mind how your work will be used by others. If I write a
progam, I must make it usable to the people other than myself, or the program
will not be what you may call a success. It's the same thing with libraries,
but the users are programmers. YOU have to BEND to THEIR needs, if you want
them to use your library.

> It all comes down to a matter of taste. I prefer C++ over C. You prefer C
> over C++. However, I think you should not be so inflexible over language
> choice. I can and will use C if I have to. As a matter of fact, Crystal Space
> interfaces with a number of C libraries. If I can do that, why can't you
> do the reverse?

Ok, I'll try. But I wont like it. :)

> Lazy programmers are good programmers :-)

Depends.

--
Borko Jandras	<bjandras@public.srce.hr>