Re: Interested in starting some basic development

Jeff Read wrote:

>> Well, it's very fast for basic things, but don't forget that it doesn't
>> support hardware acceleration.
>
>*headscratch* The 2.1.129 pre-patch 5 changelog says that they added
>"matrox acceleration for framebuffer" which implies hardware
>acceleration is at least being worked on for the kernel video drivers.

Oh, strange. I always thought fbcon woudn't have any hooks for
acceleration...

>Anyone with any evidence to the contrary should let me know. And it
>seems like the GGI folks are changing or at least supporting the Linux
>fbcon drivers.

Yep, that's the "kgicon" thing I mentioned... But the acceleration
functions provided by that are device dependent, i.e. they differ from card
to card..

Cu
	Christian
--

if (1==1.003) printf ("Pentium detected!\n");