Re: A better-looking design for the site.

Rob Kaper <cap@capsi.demon.nl> wrote:

> I was playing around with The GIMP

GIMP is so cool!

Anyhow, here's something that I'd like to see on the
site... actually, it was something I was already
hoping to find on the site, but since it's not there,
I'm asking here.

I'm looking for 3 libraries, or a library that does
these three specific tasks:

1. Load an image, either from a file or from a buffer
containing the file data, into an RGBA color array.
I need GIF support.  PNG and TGA might be nice too.

2. A really basic sprite-based collision dectection
system.

3. A library that renders sprites, clipped to an
arbitrary rectangle, and drawn in one of the 8
standard orientations (with flipping and/or rotating
at increments of 90 degrees).

A library that keeps track of sprite animation frames
would also be nice, but I don't really need it.

All of you that have answers to this question, I'd
appreciate hearing from you.