Re: Texture mapping

Erik wrote:

> What would be extremely useful is if someone who was skilled at opengl
> programming (particularly mouse interaction in ogl and texture handling) were
> to make a generic model/texture editor with an easy plugin for saving.

Having a really good (yet 'conventional') 3D modeller package with truly
open source is (IMHO) one of the last great hurdles to effective 3D games
development under Linux.

THere are LOTS of projects that start with this goal.  So far, I have yet
to see one that has a chance of making it.

Me3D seems to come closest...but progress seems painfully slow.

I started working on one - but gave up when I realised that I
was going to burn the best part of a year of my spare time on
it.

Building a 3D modeller that's actually any good is **HARD**.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker