Re: New Idea, Re: Code review

"Philipp Gühring" wrote:

> A friend of mine (Robert Kist) developed another very interesting way
> to check for buttons:
> Copy the picture, which shows the screen and all the buttons to
> another file.
> Use a graphic manipulation program like Gimp, which supports Layers.
> Load the picture in the background layer, and paint in a layer above.
> Select color #1 (we start counting by zero).
> Paint all pixels, which should react as the first button with this
> color.
> Select the next color, and paint the next button.
> In the end, fill the rest with Color 0.

...and you could probably halve or even quarter the size of that
second image - providing you don't mind slightly inexact checking.
That would quarter or even divide by 16 the amount of memory that
second image would need.

But still, for a small number of rectangular buttons, it's hardly
worth the effort.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker