Re: Strategy games (was something else and Texture mapping)

Steve Baker <sjbaker1@airmail.net> writes:

> Beware of sentimentality.

Yep.

> I used to *love* Ant-Attack on the Sinclair Spectrum it was
> the greatest game *ever*.  About a year ago I found an emulator
> for the tatty old Spectrum and with great excitement (and a LOT
> of hassle) loaded up Ant-Attack...boy what a *crap* game that
> was (by modern standards).

;-)
Of course that can happen, if you see an old game again. But there are
some games, which IMHO are still fun to play, because the game idea
behind the game is still good.
A few month ago I played IndianerJones3 (a Lucasfilm adventure game) again
and it was still much fun, same goes for Another World, Hostages,
MetalGear (the old NES/MSX one), Lemmings and a lot more games.

Its IMHO very important to have a look on the old games again, because
some of them are still great and it would be a good idea to give some
of them a rebirth with some newer techniques and ideas or at least
to gain some inspiration from them.
That was one of the reasons why I started Pingus a year ago.

--
                                                 http://pingus.seul.org |
Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel@gmx.de>             http://home.pages.de/~grumbel/ |